Today, EW-Webb Engineering Inc. have published blog on most interesting topic “The Most Expensive Buildings In The World”.
The Marina Bay Sands Resort:
- Marina Bay Sands is an Integrated Resort fronting Marina Bay in Singapore.
- Developed by Las Vegas Sands, it is billed as the world’s most expensive standalone casino property at S$4 billion, including cost of the prime land.
- The grand opening of Marina Bay Sands was held on 17 February 2011.
- It also marked the opening of the seven celebrity chef restaurants.
- The highly anticipated Broadway musical The Lion King debuted on 3 March 2011.
- The last portion of the Marina Bay Sands, the floating pavilions, were finally opened to the public when the two tenants, Louis Vuitton and Pangaea Club, opened on 18 and 22 September 2011 respectively.
The Emirates Palace:
- The Emirates Palace is a luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Built as a landmark showcasing Arabian culture, Emirates Palace offers luxury hospitality.
- Based on its luxury, it describes itself as going “beyond 5 star” being a palace instead of just a hotel.
- Although a journalist has described it as a seven star facility, it falls officially in the 5 star hotel category.
- The building was designed by architect, John Elliott RIBA, who was Senior Vice President at Wimberly, Allison, Tong and Goo, (WATG) an international firm specialising in Luxury Hotels.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas:
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, (commonly referred to simply as The Cosmopolitan or The Cosmo) is a luxury resort casino and hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The resort opened on December 15, 2010, and is located just south of the Bellagio on the west side of Las Vegas Boulevard, and consists of two highrise towers.
- The $3.9 billion project features 2,995 rooms, a 110,000 sq ft (10,000 m2) casino, 300,000 sq ft (28,000 m2) of retail and restaurant space, a 40,000 sq ft (3,700 m2) spa and fitness facility, a 1,800 seat theater, and 150,000 sq ft (14,000 m2) of meeting/convention space. In 2013, the hotel was rated “The Best Hotel in the World” by Gogobot.
- In 2015, the resort was named to the Condé Nast Traveller Gold List as one of the “Top Hotels in the World”.
The Venetian Macao:
- The Venetian Macao is a luxury hotel and casino resort in Macau, China, owned by Las Vegas Sands.
- The Venetian is a 39-story, $2.4 billion anchor for the seven hotels on the Cotai Strip in Macau.
- The 10,500,000-square-foot (980,000 m2) Venetian Macao is modeled on its sister casino resort The Venetian Las Vegas, and is the seventh-largest building in the world by floor area.
- The Venetian Macao is the largest casino in the world, and the largest single structure hotel building in Asia.
- The lead architect for the Venetian Macao were Aedas and HKS, Inc. joint venture, who were responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the project on site.
- The hotel tower offers 2,905 suites. The accommodation floors starts from level 7 up to level 38. These floors are served by guest lifts.
- The Palazzo is a luxury hotel and casino resort situated between Wynn and The Venetian on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada.
- It is the tallest completed building in Nevada. Designed by the Dallas based HKS, Inc., the hotel offers luxury in a modern European ambiance.
- The hotel and casino are part of a larger complex (operated as one hotel) comprising the adjoining Venetian Hotel and Casino and the Sands Convention Center, all of which are owned and operated by the Las Vegas Sands Corporation.